Loading, Please Wait...
aA
Post Bulletin
     August 3, 2018      #20-214 PB1
 

Photos: Detached garage fire in southeast

De archivo: Fuego de garage separado en el sureste

Firefighters with the Rochester Fire Department battle a detached garage fire that was fully involved on the 1600 block of 8 1/2 Street Southeast after it was called in by a passerby Thursday, Aug. 2, 2018, in Rochester. Firefighters extinguished the garage fire, and were able to prevent the back wall of the house from catching fire, said Chris Bailey, Rochester Fire Department battalion chief. Bailey said the cause of the fire was ashes from a recreational fire that were not properly disposed of. "This is an excellent reminder that any hot material from a recreational fire and barbecue grill should always be thoroughly extinguished with water, and disposed of in a metal container," said Bailey. There were two people in the house at the time of the fire, and there were no ...

1 of 1
With a NEWSPAPER TICKET, you can finish this article plus gain access to a growing library of on-demand news and entertainment. CLICK HERE to buy a ticket, or CLICK HERE to sign-in the ticket you already have.
Joe Ahlquist